Yes, readers – you might well be asking why on earth I’m running a ‘Follow and RT‘ giveaway. It’s certainly not one of my favourite types of comp, for a number of reasons:
- there’s no free way to easily choose a winner randomly and fairly
- they’re easy for cheats to win, using multiple accounts or automating entries
- they’re spammy for followers (similar to a Facebook ‘Like & Share’)
- they rarely have a link to T&Cs or include a closing date
- they’re boring!
On the plus side, RTs are super easy to enter, particularly if you use a mobile device – so perfect for comping on the go.
No, I’m running a RT comp because I’m interested in how people enter them, and how promoters choose winners. So I’ve decided to host my own in order to research it properly. I’ll be comparing a few different options for tracking and choosing winners – from Twitter searches and notifications to social media management systems like Hootsuite and Sprout Social, and I’ll also be paying for a detailed report from Tweetreach. I’ll also be looking at how people enter – via the RT button, or copying and pasting, when they enter, and the level of interaction I get from a simple RT giveaway.
The important bit – how to enter!
It’s simple. Here’s my giveaway tweet – you can Retweet directly from this blog post, or from Twitter. Good luck!
— Di Coke (@SuperLuckyDi) September 7, 2014
Terms & Conditions
- There is one prize of a £20 Amazon voucher.
- Open to UK residents aged 16 and over who are registered with Twitter.
- Closing date for entries is 8pm GMT on Saturday 13 September 2014.
- Entrants must follow @superluckydi on Twitter, and retweet the competition tweet at https://twitter.com/SuperLuckyDi/status/508655783576633344
- Only one entry per person will be counted – multiple retweets will NOT result in disqualification, any extra entries will not be included in the draw
- The winner will be chosen at random using random.org
- The winner will be informed by Twitter Direct Message within 7 days of the closing date and will need to respond with an email address within 14 days or a new winner will be chosen.
- The winner’s name will be available on request.
- The prize will be sent via email within 14 days of the winner confirming their email address.
- The promoter is SuperLucky.
- By participating in this prize draw, entrants confirm they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.