Using the GreenJinn cashback app
I love saving money (and winning prizes!) with cashback apps, so was pleased to discover a new app called GreenJinn. If you already use cashback apps, you’ll know how they work – it’s a simple and fun way to save money on your supermarket shopping and can help you get your promotional competition products at a discount!
Unlike other cashback apps, GreenJinn offers the majority of its discounts on good quality and healthy products rather than junk or processed food – so you’ll see coupons on everything from avocados to sea bass as well as the occasional sweet treat like ice cream! You can also set preferences so the coupons are tailored specifically to your needs.
Every week there’s a new set of cashback offers on the GreenJinn app – buy the products you fancy, then take a photo of your receipt and upload it to receive the cash back in your PayPal or bank account.
Watch my YouTube guide to see how simple it is to use GreenJinn!
How to use GreenJinn
- Open the GreenJinn app and register your details
- Personalise your coupons by going to Preferences and choose the categories you’re interested in.
- On the main Coupons page, tap the icon for the supermarket you’re visiting (currently Sainsbury’s or Waitrose, but more shops are on the way!)
- Tap the coupons to add to your cart
- After purchasing the items, tap Cart
Tap the camera icon to Add Receipt Photos – GreenJinn puts a green overlay over your receipt to ensure it’s a clear photo.
- Tap the camera icon when you’re ready – GreenJinn shows a preview of the receipt (this works much better than the other cashback apps I use as the receipt is clearer!)
- Tap Done, then OK, Checkout – the GreenJinn genie will check your receipt.
- When approved, you’ll receive a notification and you’ll see the amount of money you’ve saved
- Transfer your cashback to PayPal or your bank account when your balance reaches £1.50 or more by tapping Claim – make sure you add your payment details in the Settings!
Tip: GreenJinn only shows you the coupon discount, so if you want to check how much the product costs before you shop, check mysupermarket.com.
What do you think of the GreenJinn app? Let me know in the comments!
This is a sponsored post: please see my page footer for more information