Cadbury Creme Egg Hunt: win up to £10,000!
Are you ready to join the hunt for the half and half Creme Egg?
Once more Cadbury are awarding cash prizes to the lucky folk who track down the very special Creme Eggs that can be found in shops around the UK. Like last year, for 2023 the hunt is on for eggs that are half milk chocolate, half white chocolate and the top prizes are £10,000 cash!
Winning creme eggs will be placed in major supermarkets and convenience stores in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland between Boxing Day and 9 April 2023. If you find one there will be a ticket inside to tell you how to claim your cash prize, and you’ll have until 9 June 2023 to claim!
Of course, millions of us buy Creme Eggs every year so the chance of you finding an egg is tiny, but this promotion adds a bit of Willy Wonka inspired fun to your shopping trip, and imagine how exciting it would be to peel that wrapper off to reveal a winning egg! Although white creme eggs will be on sale for the first time this Easter (yay!), as far as I can tell from T&Cs, prize tickets will only be found tucked inside the regular milk chocolate egg packaging.
Where to find the winning eggs
The individual winning eggs are placed directly onto store displays and shelves – discreetly of course! – by the team at PromoVeritas – this could be any time between 26 December 2022 and 9 April 2023.
Here’s where you’ll find the 280 winning eggs – and what cash prizes can be won in each of the different stores. You will only find winning eggs in stores that have the promotional ‘How do you not eat yours?’ display!
- INDEPENDENT RETAILERS & CONVENIENCE STORES – 23 winning eggs (1 x £10,000, 22 x £50)
- ONE STOP – 4 winning eggs (1 x £5,000, 1 x £500, 2 x £50)
- BOOKER/ BRP – 6 winning eggs (1 x £5,000, 2 x £500 and 3 x £50)
- BOOTHS – 2 x £1,000 winning eggs
- ICELAND – 2 x £1,000 winning eggs
- POUNDLAND – 2 x £1,000 winning eggs
- SAINSBURY’S – 30 winning eggs (1 x £10,000, 2 x £500 and 27 x £50)
- ASDA – 110 winning eggs (10 x £500 and 100 x £100)
- TESCO – 30 winning eggs (1 x £10,000, 2 x £500 and 27 x £50)
- CO-OP – 30 winning eggs (1 x £10,000, 2 x £500 and 27 x £50)
- WAITROSE – 10 winning eggs (1 x £5,000, 1 x £500 and 8 x £50)
- MORRISONS – 27 winning eggs (1 x £5,000, 4 x £1,000, 5 x £500 and 17 x £50)
- WHSMITH – 1 x £10,000 winning egg
- B&M – 2 x £1,000 winning eggs
- CADBURY GIFTS DIRECT (website) – 1 x £5,000 winning egg
How to claim a cash prize
If you find a half & half winning egg there will be an obvious winning ticket inside the packaging with a phone number to call – so don’t believe the stories about people eating the eggs without realising they’ve won a prize!
The photo below is of a 2022 winning ticket – hopefully I’ll have a new photo of a 2023 ticket to share soon!
When you call, you will be asked a series of verification questions including the unique code on the ticket, the retailer it was purchased from, plus the date and location of purchase. You may also be asked to email a photo of your uneaten winning egg to claim your prize!
You must be 18 to claim your prize – if an under 18 finds a winning egg, a parent or guardian will need to claim on their behalf. There’s a postal entry route for residents of Northern Ireland, and details are in the terms and conditions.
Find full details about the promotion at cadbury.co.uk – good luck in the egg hunt!
Enjoyed this post? Find a list of UK purchase-necessary promotions on my Compers Shopping List.