Comping Calendar 2016
Back by popular demand – my calendar to help you plan your comping year! Whether it’s inspiration for your prize wishlist, or the dates of your favourite events, knowing what’s ahead ensures you can be looking out for on-pack promotions and search for prize draws and comps nice and early!
We all know when Valentine’s Day and Halloween are of course, but the dates of other annual events like Easter, Pancake Day and Mothers Day change every year. There are sporting events – annual ones like the Champions League Final and the Emirates FA Cup Final, and this year we also have the Rio Olympics and Euro16 in France. Let’s hope there will be lots of ticket and mascot packages to be won from the sponsors! February sees the BRITs and the BAFTAs in London – look out for comps on the radio and in national press to win tickets to these. And if rugby or tennis tickles your fancy, there should be Six Nations and Wimbledon tickets up for grabs on social media too.
So, print off your calendar, save it to a Pinterest board, or store it on your phone – I hope you find it useful!
For Valentines Day, Pancake Day, Mothers Day & Fathers Day I always publish a round up of the best creative competitions here at SuperLucky – and make sure you regularly check the SuperLucky Facebook page too!
- Be prepared – make pancakes and carve pumpkins early for your photo shoots!
- Keep searching – if you want to win tickets to a certain event, start your Twitter and Google competition searches early.
- For any creative photo you take, don’t just take a single photo – take a selection of poses so you’re not entering the same one for every competition.
- Look out for on-pack promotions to win tickets to sporting events – check who the sponsors are!
- Send off photos to women’s magazines like That’s Life, Take a Break etc, who pay cash for fun photos, recipes and tips – send themed photos in months ahead of the event.
What are YOU looking forward to in 2016? Let me know which essential events I’ve forgotten in the comments (National Chocolate Week, Take your Dog to Work Day, etc…)!