Facebook Account Disabled – a warning!
I clicked through to see why:
Fake accounts are a violation of our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. All accounts must abide by the following policies:
- You must provide your real first name and last name. Impersonating anyone or anything is prohibited.
- You are not allowed to create multiple accounts that exist solely for the usage of Facebook Platform applications.
- It is a violation of Facebook policy to maintain more than one account on the site.
- Profiles (timelines) created to represent celebrities, pets, ideas, or inanimate objects are strictly prohibited.
- Profiles (timelines) created for the purpose of spamming or harassing others are strictly prohibited.
People on Facebook want to interact with their real friends and the people they know in the real world. Since fake accounts can damage the integrity of this environment, they are not allowed to remain on the site.
It seems that finally Facebook are actially starting to enforce their policy about multiple accounts and fake profile names. The problem is – my name Di Coke is real, and I only have one Facebook account! And it’s not the abbreviation that’s the issue, as their policy states: Nicknames can be used as a first or middle name if they’re a variation of your real first or last name (like Bob instead of Robert)
So what happened? Well, I think it’s one of two things – either someone has reported my account as being fake, or Facebook are having a clampdown on the use of brand names. Either way, I deserved a warning first, before they disabled my account and took down my SuperLucky fan page. In addition to that, I can’t access the four pages I’m an Administrator on – and nobody is able to contact me via Facebook. As a Blogger and Social Media Manager, this is a major blow. It’s been three hours since they disabled my account and I hope this is sorted ASAP. Until then, if you need to, you can contact me via Twitter or email.
And to those of you reading this who have two Facebook accounts or use comping nicknames – take this as a warning! If your account gets disabled you’ll need to upload ID showing your real name to reactivate it, and I don’t think many of you have passports with the name ‘Lucky MSE Turnips’ on do you?!