Get match ready with instant cash wins!
Every year Pepsi, Doritos & Walkers Max team up for a generous Champions League on-pack promotion, and this year’s ‘Instant Cash Wins‘ promotion advertises 570,000 cash prizes.
But unfortunately this is an algorithmic instant win promotion, and the chance of you winning a cash prize with each entry you make is only around 1-in-244. Considering the generosity of previous UCL promotions, this is really disappointing – it’s also misleading, because the promotional packaging doesn’t state that the prizes will not all be won!
What are the prizes?
Usually there’s lots of UCL merchandise on offer, but this year it’s all cash prizes. Winners in the ROI will receive the Euro equivalent of the prize.
- 20,000 x £100 Cash Prizes
- 50,000 x £20 Cash Prizes
- 500,000 x £10 Cash Prizes
How to enter the Get Match Ready instant win
- Buy a promotional pack of Doritos, Pepsi Max or Walkers Max featuring ‘Instant Cash Wins’ – look for the gold flash on Doritos, and the big QR code on the Pepsi bottles.
- Either scan the QR code on the packaging to open Facebook Messenger, or go directly to www.getmatchready.co.uk – I recommend you go straight to the website, as there have been some problems with Messenger entries.
- Enter your batch code from the pack:
– for Doritos & Walkers Max, it’s the long batch code in the centre of the Best Before box
– for Pepsi, it’s the first 4 numbers on the neck of a bottle, or on the base of a can.
- You’ll find out instantly if you’ve won!
- If you do win, you will have to upload a photo of your itemised receipt OR the product packaging showing the batch code.
There’s a maximum of 2 entries per person per day and you can win three prizes in total. You must enter using your legal name and cannot use multiple names or email addresses.
What if my code won’t work?
Check you’re inputting the right code – for Pepsi it should just be 4 numbers. Some Doritos codes are being rejected at the moment, but hopefully that’s just a teething problem!
What are the chances of me winning?
This promotion is an algorithmic instant win format, where every entry has the same chance of being a winner and only a small percentage of the advertised prizes are awarded (this is my least favourite competition format). In the terms & conditions we’re told that there are 570,000 prizes and 127,775,415 promotional products. All these cash prizes will only be awarded if everyone who buys one of those products enters the instant win – but statistics show that less than 4% of people actually bother! So we can expect around 23,000 or less cash prizes to be won – but that’s still a generous amount of cash! And with those figures provided in the T&Cs we can work out that the chance of a win every time we enter is 127,775,415 divided by 570,000 prizes – which works out at 1-in-244 chance of a win.
T&Cs state “you must retain a unique till receipt or the promotional pack featuring batch code for each and every entry.” – however they don’t say that winners have to upload all losing entries, so I would argue that it’s ok to enter daily using the same batch code (or get a few different barcodes to use). Be careful though – if you and your partner are entering the same batch code twice a day from the same IP address, I wouldn’t be surprised if they ask you to produce a receipt for every entry!
If you miss the main instant win period (which ends on 25 July 2021) there’s a late entry prize draw which closes on 31 January 2022 – there are five prizes of £100 cash.
There’s a No Purchase Necessary entry route for Northern Ireland residents, which is detailed in the T&Cs at www.getmatchready.co.uk.
Don’t forget to check the full Compers Shopping List for more current instant win and daily entry promotions you can try!
You might also enjoy my blog post Purchase-necessary promotions: just one receipt, or one receipt per entry?