The Great Oreo Cookie Quest
Oreo’s big promotion for 2018 is the Great Oreo Cookie Quest, which is actually two separate promotions, and a little confusing! First of all, there’s an instant win competition where you need a unique code from a promotional Oreo pack and can win a trip to San Francisco. The second promotion involves downloading the Oreo Search mobile app, and using it to scan real cookies and virtual cookies to earn points and win prizes – this part doesn’t require a purchase!
Watch my YouTube video for a visual guide on how to enter – or scroll down for full details!
Instant win promotion
The prizes are:
- 4 night VIP Trip to San Francisco for 4, with a visit to the Google Headquarters – GooglePlex- in Silicon Valley, plus £500 cash
- 780 Bluetooth® speaker – TES156N (39 to be won each week)
- 1320 Oreo Earphones (66 to be won each week)
How to enter the Oreo Quest instant win
- Buy a promotional pack of Oreos – with the ‘Great Oreo Cookie Quest’ flash
- Visit the website www.oreoquest.com
- Use your computer or device camera to scan an Oreo cookie (this can be a real Oreo cookie or a visual of an Oreo cookie – hold it up in front of your camera) OR upload a photo of a cookie from your device – you will need to allow permission for the Oreo website to access your camera (you only need to scan your cookie once – for subsequent entries on the same device, you can go straight to the code entry)
- When the cookie has scanned successfully, enter the 8 digit code from the Oreo wrapper – you can only use a code once.
- Enter your email address
If you win a prize, you’ll find out instantly and can complete your details – then you’ll get a confirmation email.
The prizes are:
- 30,000 x £5 Google Play vouchers (supplied as codes by email).
- 1 x Samsung Galaxy J7
How to enter the Oreo Quest app competition
- Download the Oreo Search app for iOS or Android
- Register with your name and email address, then download the app data
- Allow access to the camera
- Start scanning cookies!
The aim is to earn as many points as possible using the app, by scanning real and virtual Oreo Cookies to add to your ‘Cookiedex’. To collect cookies, solve the daily clues and find hidden objects in your environment.
Daily clues – 150 daily clues will be released – solve them and scan the item to earn a virtual cookie. eg. ‘They cut through paper but are crushed by rock’ – take a photo of some scissors to get your virtual cookie! You can get notifications of daily clues by going to your Settings in the man dashboard.
Hidden objects – 240 cookies are available when you scan random objects – but this is a trial and error basis with no clues given. You may also be required to travel to a certain location to claim a virtual cookie, so your location services will need to be activated for the app.
Cookies are chocolate (1 point), silver (3 points) or golden (5 points) and are stored in the ‘Cookiedex’. The maximum number of cookies you can collect is 390. By collecting cookies you can earn Oreo wallpaper, and stickers to use in your messenging apps.
The Galaxy J7 will be awarded to the user with the most points. You can win a £5 voucher automatically if you’re one of the first players to reach a points threshold (this should be a good chance of winning as I doubt more than a few thousand people will put the effort in!)
- 165 points (15,000 vouchers available)
- 300 points (10,500)
- 650 points (4500)
Both promotions end on 31st May 2018 and are open to all UK and ROI residents over 18. There’s a No Purchase Necessary route for the instant win in Northern Ireland – see the T&Cs for full details.
Packaging states there’s one last prize draw to win £500 cash open from 1st June 2018 to 31st December 2018 – but there’s no mention of this in the online T&Cs. It also states that ‘proof of purchase may be necessary in order to claim prize’ so you’d better keep your packaging and receipts somewhere safe just in case!
- You don’t need to scan the actual object to get your cookie. Scanning a photo or a Googled image will work too!
- Try scanning everything in your house – the app isn’t accurate so some objects might get you points even if they’re incorrectly identified!
- If you’re solving the clues, you must tap the clue before scanning. eg. scanning scissors won’t get you a cookie unless you’ve tapped the ‘They cut through paper but are crushed by rock’ clue first!
- Look out for the incorrectly identified object names that flash up – you can try to scan some of these later to get cookies!
- A lot of supermarkets don’t have the promotional stock in yet, so enter as early as you can if you find them (terms don’t state whether it’s a ‘winning moments’ instant win promotion… you might want to enter your codes overnight or in the early hours in case it is!)
Good luck! Want to know more about purchase necessary comps? Read my guide.