Halloween Competitions 2015
It’s spooky time! The Halloween competitions have already started appearing, and I’ve put my order in for this year’s Coke costumes! Still not decided what to wear? If you have a baby or toddler, you could try out my mummy costumes – these won me LOTS of prizes when Ryland was little.
The best way to prepare for the Halloween comps is to do two photo shoots in advance – one for pumpkin carving, then one for your costumes – if you have kids, why not do it during half term week? Leave it to the 31st and you’ll be too busy having fun to take any photographs!
Here are some tips:
- Search for ‘Halloween‘ on Pinterest for inspiration
- Take LOTS of photos of your pumpkins and costumes from different angles so you’re not entering exactly the same shot in every competition.
- Take the photos somewhere dark and spooky (the bottom of the garden will do!) – it will look much more exciting than your living room.
- If you’re carving a pumpkin, check YouTube for some excellent tutorials.
- Avoid entering your creations in voting comps – you’ll get stressed out and frustrated.
- Bookmark this blog post – I’ll be adding new comps regularly to the linky list until the 31st. Comment here, tweet @superluckydi or share on the SuperLucky Facebook page if you spot any good ones!
- If you fancy making some spooky edible treats for the kids then I recommend downloading JoJoEbi’s brilliant Halloween ebook: do it before 21st October for your chance to win a box of Halloween treats!
Here are a few of my favourite Halloween promotions – scroll down for the linky list with the rest of the creative comps. Good luck, and comment to ket me know if you win any of these!
Win a holiday to LA
Subway want you to share your #SpookySelfie on Twitter (tag @subwayukireland) or Facebook, with a chance to win a trip to LA or one of 140 runners up prizes. Judges will choose the best entries, which will then go into a random draw for prizes. T&Cs are here, and it closes on 10th November 2015.
Win £150 to spend at Poundland
Create a Halloween Pinterest board and tag your pins with #PoundlandHalloween, then enter your board URL in the entry form here before 31st October 2015 (winner drawn at random).
Finally, if you want to stock up on ‘Trick or Treat’ goodies, look out for promotional Cadbury biscuits – buy a packet, then enter your receipt details at www.burtonsbiscuits.com/hotelt/ and you could win a family trip to Romania!