June wins – and a prize trip to Glastonbury!
So we’re halfway through 2022, and what a year it’s been for comping so far! I’ve hit £10,000 of prizes already and am so grateful for all the wonderful things I’ve won already.
Although I spent 2021 eating endless blocks of Worthy Farm cheddar from the Co-op hoping to win Glastonbury tickets, I had to suddenly stop entering at the start of 2022 as my husband Rob was planning a 50th birthday party in Brighton that weekend! However, a couple of months ago Rob decided to move the party to 2 July – meaning Glasto weekend was now free! So a new comping challenge was set – to win a pair of tickets…
Last month my friend Donna contacted me to say she’d nominated me to win Glasto tickets in a prize draw on the Guardian website (thanks Donna!). There were ten pairs to be won, and you had to nominate a friend to win! I called upon the Lucky Learners, and hundreds of them were kind enough to nominate me.
A week later, my friend Claire tagged me in a tweet from EE advertising their new comp – you had to recreate Glastonbury at home as a ‘duet’ on TikTok, and get over a hundred likes – the five best entries would win a pair of tickets! I got to work, planning my costume changes, props and timing – and my husband Rob filmed it for me. It’s the first time I’ve recorded a ‘live’ TikTok and I was nervous to see if it had worked as it’s so fiddly. We were really pleased with it… and waited till the following week to see if there was any news!
On 9 May I was super excited to receive a DM on TikTok to say I was a provisional winner of the EE competition, and needed to send over my ID. Not long afterwards I received an email from The Guardian too, telling me that I’d won a pair of tickets thanks to my friend Danielle’s nomination. I couldn’t believe it! Unfortunately the tickets weren’t transferable to friends, so once I had confirmation from EE that I’d won, I asked the Guardian to re-draw another winner.
I was lucky to have the support of my Facebook friends to get enough nominations – and also the hundred TikTok likes – to win the Glasto tickets, so a huge thank you – I’m so grateful and we had the most fantastic time there with Ryland.
This month’s prize unboxing video is below!
June prize list
- Glastonbury tickets – EE TikTok competition
- Glastonbury tickets – The Guardian prize draw (nominate a friend – won by Danielle!) – I turned these down as they’re sadly not transferable!
- Limited Edition Caramel Twirl – Cadbury Twitter giveaway
- Waterproof phone pouch – RNLI & HM coastguard web prize draw
- Selfie light – Coca-Cola app/Sprite instant win
- Year’s supply of bubblemint gum – Extra instant win (enter daily until 17.7)
- WD-40 t-shirt – DIY photo competition
- Euro 22 Flagbearer Experience & £350 – Tesco & Pepsi/Doritos Text to Win
- Rakuten voucher – Haagen Dazs & ASDA purchase necessary prize draw
- £5 cash – Litterlotto instant win
- Burger, fries & drink – Fatco Brighton Instagram prize draw
- Pizza Hut pizza – Pizza Hut Twitter comp (thanks Natalie!)
- £25 Uber Eats voucher – 7 Up Moments instant win (enter daily until 17.9)
- Wildflower seedballs – BirdsEye purchase prize draw
Rob loved the WD-40 shirt so much he wore it at Glasto!
If you enjoy reading about people’s comping success, then please join us in the Lucky Learners Facebook group where group members share their wonderful weekly and monthly wins – you can also watch a playlist of prize unboxing videos on YouTube!
Don’t forget to check out my latest updates to these posts:
- Compers Shopping List
- Tesco text competitions
- ITV postcard entry prize draws
- Channel 5 postcard entry prize draws
Have a great July!