Lucozade Made to Move Promotion
Last year Lucozade launched the brilliant Made to Move app, offering prizes to people who register at least 5,000 steps a day. For 2018 they’ve upgraded the app to add lots more features and challenges, and once again the codes on promotional bottles will earn you extra entries into the daily and weekly prize draws!
Yes, to win prizes you’re going to have to drag yourself away from that screen and get exercising! There are prizes to be won every single day until 28th October 2018, including FitBits and annual gym memberships – plus some incredible weekly prizes including trips to San Francisco, Dubai and Florence.
How it works
- For every 5,000 steps you take, you get one entry into the daily prize draw (max ten entries per day)
- Do more than 5,000 steps on three or more days in a week, and you get one entry into the weekly draw (max one entry per week)
- Enter the code from a promotional 500ml Lucozade Sport bottle to get a bonus daily draw entry (you can only do this if you’ve reached 5,000 steps in a day)
- NEW FOR 2018! If you successfully complete a weekend challenge (eg. walk 18,000 steps), you’ll be entered to win a special prize.
- NEW FOR 2018! Set your own personal challenge on the app (set this at between 3,000 & 50,000 steps per day) – if you achieve this you get another daily draw entry
How to use the app
You will need to track your activity on a mobile device, using either:
- Apple Health app
- Google Fit app
- a FitBit
Then, you’ll need to download the Lucozade Made to Move App:
Open up the app and register your details. In order for the app to track your activity, you will need to synchronise it with either a FitBit, Apple Health or Google Fit. You may need to close apps and open them again for them to sync properly – and keep checking for app updates. You might want to try deleting and reinstalling if problems persist. If you have a Google account, make sure you use the same email address to register with the Google Fit app and the Made To Move app.
The Made to Move app will update your daily step count using the linked device or app. Dependent on your device, you may be able to track cycling and swimming in addition to your step count for walking and running. Cycling 17.25 miles, or swimming 0.75 miles is the equivalent of 5,000 steps – any combination of walking, swimming and cycling can be used to reach the 5,000 steps.
On your Dashboard you can see how many steps you’ve completed that day, plus any bonus entries you’ve earned. Tap to change from Today to Weekly to see if you’ve achieved the target on three days of that week – 3 green bars that have crossed the 5k line!
If, like me, you have trouble getting your steps to sync on an iPhone, make sure you’re regularly closing and opening the app – it should say ‘Data synchronised’ at the bottom of the screen, although your progress bar on the Weekly tab might take 24 hours or longer to turn green!
The Rewards tab shows your Entries in the prize draws – scroll down for previous weeks. Tap Prizes to see what you can win and which prizes you’ve already won (they will show in colour). You can only win one of each prize. The Badges tab shows badges you’re earned (just for fun!)
Tap Challenges at the bottom of the screen to view current and upcoming prize challenges. Tap to view each challenge, and then tap to join it. You can’t win a prize in a challenge unless you opt in, and complete it! At the top of the screen you’ll see progress on your personal goal challenge too (remember, each day you complete this is another entry into the daily draw)
Redeem bottle codes
Promotional bottles of Lucozade Sport have a unique code printed on the bottom of the bottle (not the wrapper!) – use it by tapping Redeem on the app and entering the code. This code will stay in your virtual fridge until you’ve walked your 5000 steps, when it will be used for your bonus entry.
There are 21,700 prizes available in daily draws, chosen at random each day from this total prize pool (100 prizes per day):
- 420 x Fitbit Charge 2
- 2170 x Lucozade Sport drink bottles
- 8680 x Lucozade Sport 500ml
- 217 x Pairs of Tough Mudder Ticket
- 6727 x PureGym passes
Each weekend challenge has a single prize from this list:
- Anthony Joshua Signed Gloves
- Merrell Chameleon 7 Shoes
- Merrell MQM ShoesTaylor Swift Tickets & accommodation
- Harry Kane Signed Shirt
- Watch the NFL game in the Wembley Box & accommodation
Each weekly draw closes on a Sunday and has a single prize. Brief details are below, check T&Cs for full prize details.
- Closing 29 April: British Grand Prix tickets
- Closing 27 May: 2 night trip to the Tour de France
- Closing 24 June: 5 nights in San Fancisco
- Closing 22 July: 3 nights in New York
- Closing 2 September: 3 nights in Florence with a running tour
- Closing 30 September: 4 night trip to Dubai
- Closing 28 October: Fitness weekend trip for two to Hillmotts Fitness Camp
- For all other weekly draws, the prize is a Fitbit Ionic (24 to be won in total)
Winners are informed by email. Follow the instructions in the email to claim your prize within 28 days. There’s no limit to the number of daily prizes you can win during the promotion – although you can only win one prize each day. You can only win one weekly prize across the whole promotion.
Full terms and conditions are on the Made to Move app or on the Lucozade website.
What do you reckon – will you be making the effort to walk your 5,000 steps each day to enter this competition? Let me know in the comments how you’re getting on!