Quidco Squid Game: how to win prizes
My favourite cashback site Quidco are once again giving out prizes worth more than £20,000 in their latest game! Catch a squad of Quidco Squids and you could win either £1, £5, £15, or £100 Amazon vouchers – or catch all 15 Squids to win one of two £1000 grand prizes!
I’ll be honest – first time round, I saw posts about the squid game on Facebook and I just couldn’t get to grips with it at all, so I didn’t bother! However, since then I’ve done some research, and I reckon with a bit of persistence you’ll probably have a reasonable chance of bagging yourself at least a small voucher prize.
The ‘Lost at Sea’ Squid Game competition ends at noon on Monday 23 November 2020 and here’s how to get involved…
How to play
You’ll need to be a Quidco member and logged into your account, either on the website or on the Quidco app (note that the app can be glitchy and crash out when you try to catch your squid!). If you’re new to Quidco, use my Refer-a-Friend link to join, and we’ll both get credited £10 when you’ve earnt your first £5 cashback!
There are fifteen squids in the squad – capture all of them to be guaranteed a £1,000 win! Or collect a smaller squad of three squids to win these prizes:
- £1 Amazon voucher – collect Squid Rock, Wally & Sir Inksalot (2000 winners)
- £5 Amazon voucher – collect Ziggy, Squillion & Compy (2000 winners)
- £10 Amazon voucher – collect Uncle Kraken, Dr Octo & Squidmo (400 winners)
- £100 Amazon voucher – collect Squidco, Scooter & Jentacle (20 winners)
Obviously, if you do win the top prize of £1000 by collecting all the squids, you will also have won all the smaller prizes too – bonus!
The main Squid Game page has a list of all the squids to collect – click on their names to see clues and hints about catching them. These clues change regularly, and some squids will be ‘lost’ (currently unreleased) while others are hiding on the Quidco website waiting to be found.
How to catch a squid
Squids are hiding on retailer pages, and a pop up will appear at the bottom of the page when you visit – click it and you may catch the squid, but it can easily escape! The speed at which you click makes no difference to your success – it’s completely random whether you catch it or not. Each squid will be hiding in up to 5 locations – but if you fail to catch it at any of these, you’ll have to wait until there are new clues up and the squid changes location.
You can guarantee to catch a squid by making a purchase at a specific retailer within a certain time frame (allow 48 hours for tracking and for the squid to appear on your game home page – apparently this isn’t working reliably though!).
Catch a squid, and it will update to show Captured! on your collection page.
Catch all three in a mini squad and you’ll be able to click prize details to get your Amazon voucher code!
How to use the clues and hints
- The clues on the main Squid Game change regularly, so keep checking to see which squids have moved location.
- Quidco will also let you know the squids are on the move on the Quidco Facebook page and Twitter feed, and in the Quidco Rocks! Facebook group. Quidco fans are generous and they like to share the retailers in the comments, so set notifications for the Facebook posts.
- The clue will be for a specific type of retailer, or for a type of product. eg. ‘Squidmo’s car insurance is up for renewal so they’re on the lookout for the best deal.’ – for this clue, look through the retailers listed on the car insurance category page. This time, Squidmo popped up on the Confused.com, Go Compare, AA, Swinton and Admiral pages.
- You can catch a squid by making a purchase before a certain deadline – but the retailer is also a clue to where the squid is hiding. eg. ‘Squillion is looking for some post-workout supplements. You might spot them shopping at different retailers, but purchase at MyProtein before 11:59:59 on 20/11/20 and you’re guaranteed to catch Squillion’. As well as at MyProtein, Squillion was also hiding at Muscle Food, Protein Dynamix and The Protein Works.
Are you playing the Squid Game? Do you have any tips for me? Share them in the comments!