Unfollow on Twitter with UnfollowerStats
As a Twitter user, you’re assigned a follow limit of 5,000 accounts – until you’re popular enough to have about 5,000 followers yourself. But most compers don’t have anywhere near that amount of followers – so in order to continue to enter ‘RT & Follow’ competitions, you’ll need to unfollow accounts to keep the figure less than 5,000. UnfollowerStats is a website which helps you do this quickly!
UnfollowerStats is a handy tool for Twitter users, and offers a paid Premium option – but for compers, the free version should be all you need, and allows you to unfollow 200 accounts a day.
How to unfollow inactive accounts
The best way to reduce the number of accounts you follow is to get rid of inactive accounts – here’s how to do it.
- Sign up at www.unfollowerstats.com – log in and allow access to your Twitter account
- Click Inactive on the left hand menu bar and click to update/refresh the list
- The accounts at the top are those that have been inactive the longest, and the list shows how many days it is since their last tweet!
- Hover over the green Following button beside each inactive account – it will change to a red Unfollow button.
- Click to unfollow – it will change to a blue Follow
And it’s as simple as that! Do this every couple of months to ditch inactive accounts.
Want more Twitter tips? Check out my Twitter category!