Unfollow on Twitter with UnfollowerStats
As a Twitter user, you’re assigned a follow limit of 5,000 accounts – until you’re popular enough to have about 5,000 followers yourself. But most compers don’t have anywhere near that amount of followers – so in order to continue to enter ‘RT & Follow’ competitions, you’ll need to unfollow accounts to keep the figure less than 5,000. UnfollowerStats is a website which helps you do this quickly!
UnfollowerStats is a handy tool for Twitter users, and offers a paid Premium option – but for compers, the free version should be all you need, and allows you to unfollow 10 accounts a day (it used to be 200, but unfortunately it dropped to 30 and now just 10!).
How to unfollow inactive accounts
The best way to reduce the number of accounts you follow is to get rid of inactive accounts – here’s how to do it.
- Sign up at www.unfollowerstats.com – log in and allow access to your Twitter account
- Click Inactive on the left hand menu bar and click to update/refresh the list
- The accounts at the top are those that have been inactive the longest, and the list shows how many days it is since their last tweet!
- Hover over the green Following button beside each inactive account – it will change to a red Unfollow button.
- Click to unfollow – it will change to a blue Follow
And it’s as simple as that! Do this every couple of months to ditch inactive accounts.
Want more Twitter tips? Check out my Twitter category!