Win £10,000 every week with Quaker Oats
Show Us Your Oats! You might have spotted promotional Quaker Oats packaging in the supermarkets – starting on the 1st January, they’re launching a brilliant creative competition and giving away a whopping £100,000 over ten weeks to the entrants who submit the most inspirational porridge bowl or overnights oats photos!
How to enter
Remember – get your photos ready, but don’t enter until 1st January!
- Purchase a promotional Quaker product (and keep the packaging – it may be required if you win!)
- Create your unique bowl of porridge or jar of overnight oats and take a photo
- Complete your name, address, recipe title and ingredients at quaker.co.uk/showusyouroats and upload your photo
- OR you can enter by sharing your photo on the Quaker Facebook page, or on Instagram with #ShowUsYourOats
There are ten prizes of £10,000 – the first weekly competition starts on 1st January 2018 and ends on Sunday 7th January 2018, then each week’s competition closes on a Sunday until the final one closing on 11th March 2018. Late entries will go into a final prize draw to win £1000 cash, which closes on 12th June 2018.
Each of these criteria counts for 25% of the judge’s score. Your entry should:
- Be practical to make
- Display a balanced range of toppings
- Display a balanced range of flavours
- Be visually appealing
- Get inspiration for your creations by searching Pinterest – or tapping the #Porridge hashtag on Instagram!
- Terms state you can enter up to five times every day – so take advantage of this and create as many different entries as you can!
- Terms also state that you cannot enter a photo that’s been entered into another competition or ever been published – so make sure you’re creating something new.
- Take a few different photos from different angles – can you accessorise with a backdrop. plate, napkin, spoon etc? Again, look at what Instagram influencers do for inspiration.
- You can use Instagram or Facebook standard filters – but no further editing (eg. Photoshop) is allowed according to the terms
- Even though this one doesn’t start for a while, it’s worth getting organised and preparing a few photos for the first few weeks!
Note that if you win, you retain copyright of the photo but Quaker may use it in marketing for up to a year, crediting you.
You can find full competition details at showusyouroats.quaker.co.uk and it’s open to UK, ROI and Channel Islands residents – good luck!