Win £500,000 of prizes with the Poundland Big Clean!
Poundland have launched a huge promotion for 2020 – The Big Clean has 20,081 cash prizes available to be won. There’s even a chance for one lucky shopper to win £50,000. But how do you enter, and what’s the chance of you winning? Read on to find out…
In total there are £505,000 of cash prizes available to be won:
- 1 x £50,000 cash
- 30 x £1,000 cash
- 50 x £500 cash
- 5,000 x £50 cash
- 15,000 x £10 cash
How to enter
- Spend a minimum of £5 on household cleaning products in a Poundland store between 15th January and 13th February 2020. Eligible products include everything from washing powder and Brillo pads to rubber gloves and mop buckets – see the full list here and write your shopping list!
- Go to www.poundland.co.uk/cleanpromo between 7.15am and 11.15pm
- Click Enter Now, and tick the boxes to confirm you have made a valid purchase with a receipt
- Complete your contact details and upload a photo of your receipt
- You’ll receive an email confirming your entry reference, then a separate email within 2 working days confirming if you won a prize
- You can also check the status of your entry by inputting your reference in the Tracker.
What’s the chance of winning?
Unlike a winning moment promotion, where the first entry after a random winning moment will win a prize, the Poundland Big Clean promotion only awards prizes if you enter during a winning moment – which is just a second long. It’s a similar mechanic to the McDonalds Monopoly codes instant win, and the winning times have already been pre-determined.
The promotion lasts for 30 days, with the entry form available for 16 hours per day. That’s 57,600 seconds per day, or a total of 1,728,000 seconds across the whole promotion. There’s 20,081 prizes available, each one assigned to a random lucky second. So, with every entry you make, your chance of winning a prize is approximately 1-in-86.
With this type of mechanic, we would expect less than 5% of advertised prizes to actually be won – and the likelihood of the £50,000 being won is almost 2 million to one! But I still reckon it’s worth stocking up on your cheap cleaning essentials – and split them into £5 transactions at the till so you can get as many receipts/entries as possible.
You can enter as many times as you like, but must use a new receipt for each entry. Remember to keep your till receipts safe as if you win, you may be asked to provide them. The promotion is open to England, Scotland and Wales (there’s no NI free entry route). Check out the full terms and conditions here.
If you have any problems entering, you can contact Metrisk by emailing email@example.com or call 020 80757789.
Good luck – and let me know if you’re a winner!