Win Discovery Science toys for Christmas!
If your children enjoy star-gazing, you’ll love my latest competition! I’m giving away two prizes perfect for Christmas – an amazing telescope and a Globe Planetarium, both from the Discovery™ Trends UK range. The range features science toys which encourage exploration and adventure, and also support the STEM curriculum.
For your chance to win one of these fantastic prizes, I’d like your child to design a Christmas-related star constellation, and name it! It can be as simple or as complicated as you like – as long as it has a Christmas theme.
The main prize-winner will receive a new hi-tech Discovery Galaxy Tracker Smart Telescope (£59.99 RRP). It includes a smartphone adaptor and aluminium tripod – attach a phone and start using the Star Walk 2 App to access an intelligent star tracking system which identifies the constellations being viewed!
Our runner up will win an awesome Globe Planetarium (£29.99 RRP). A light up globe projects the star constellations onto the walls and ceiling – the electronic base rotates, moving the stars, and a light pointer enables constellations to be pointed out (the planetarium includes a disk packed with details about the night sky).
How to enter
- Get your children (age 16 & under) to create a new star constellation with a Christmas theme. A bit like a festive dot-to-dot design – it can be as simple or complex as you like (use pens, pencils, stickers or create on a computer!)
- Give the constellation a name (this can be written on, or added to the tweet/caption)
- Scan or photograph the finished artwork
- Upload the photo to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #MyXmasConstellation and tagging @superluckydi
- If you don’t do Twitter or Instagram, email your entry to di@superluckyme with the subject ‘#MyXmasConstellation’
The competition is open to all UK children aged 16 and under, and there will be two prizes – the telescope will be awarded to the most imaginative and creative design, and an entrant chosen at random will win the planetarium. Get your entries in before 29th November 2017!
Here’s a little guide to how my son Ryland created his ‘Lucky Tree’ constellation…
I hope you enjoy this Christmassy challenge and look forward to seeing what your creative kids come up with! See the entries so far in my Facebook album!
Terms & Conditions
- The main prize is a telescope, which will be awarded to the entry decided to be the most creative and imaginative.
- Runners-up prize is a planetarium, which will be awarded to an entrant chosen at random.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
Open to UK residents aged 16 and under, excluding employees and relatives of SuperLucky and Wire PR – entrants must ask an adult to submit the entry on their behalf.
- Closing date for entries is 11.59pm GMT on 29 November 2017
- Entrants must create their constellation on paper (or on a computer!) then take a photo and upload to Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #MyXmasConstellation and tagging @superluckydi – the constellation must also have a name
- Only one entry per child – the same adult can submit an entry for each of their children.
- If the entrant isn’t registered with Twitter or Instagram, they can also enter by emailing a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Winners will be informed either by a comment on their Instagram photograph, a Twitter DM or by email within 7 days of the closing date – they will need to email their details to the address given within 14 days or a new winner will be chosen.
- Copyright to the entries will remain with the entrant but the entrant licences SuperLucky to use their photographs to promote the competition across social media by sharing on Facebook or retweeting.
- Winners’ names will be available on request.
- Wire PR is responsible for prize fulfilment and will liaise with the winner to arrange delivery of prizes within 28 days.
- This is a joint promotion between SuperLucky and Wire PR.
- By participating in this competition, entrants confirm they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
This is a sponsored post: please see my page footer for more information.