Get cashback with CheckoutSmart
CheckoutSmart is one of several cashback apps that you can install on your mobile device, and use to get discounts, freebies and prizes. There’s a variety of offers redeemable at a range of supermarkets – buy the featured product(s), take a photo of your receipt and upload it using the app. When it’s been verified, you’ll get cash in your CheckoutSmart account and can transfer that to your PayPal or bank account.
CheckoutSmart also has a new desktop version, enabling members to check offers and upload receipt photos from their computer at www.checkoutsmart.com.
CheckoutSmart is popular with moneysavers, but as a comper it’s useful too – as the offers change regularly you’ll spot a few current on-pack promotions on the offers list, often for alcohol or yogurts!
How to use CheckoutSmart
Register to use CheckoutSmart by downloading the app, or signing up at www.checkoutsmart.com.
- Open the app to check available offers for the shop you’re going to – tap the funnel icon on the app to filter
- After purchasing the items, tap Claim and select the offers you have on your receipt
- Upload your receipt (you may have to do this in several sections if it’s long) and submit for verification
- You’ll receive cashback in your CheckoutSmart account, and can transfer this to PayPal or your bank account (there’s a 5% fee for a balance of under £20)
- You can also upload receipts directly using the desktop version at www.checkoutsmart.com
Here’s my short YouTube guide on using the app:
- Open the app to check offers regularly as some of them don’t hang around for long!
- Take screenshots or make notes of the offers you want before you go to the supermarket – sometimes it’s impossible to get 3G/4G coverage in a shop so the app won’t load the offers
- Take photos in good lighting with a flat receipt
- CheckoutSmart and ClickSnap are both part of the Quidco family and have the same offers – you can only claim an offer on one of the apps.
Do you use CheckoutSmart? How much cashback have you accumulated?