Heart Faces for Florida 2019
Here we go again! For the fourth year, Heart are giving away family holidays in their amazing Faces for Florida competition – this year there are just ten trips to be won, so you’ll have to get super creative for your entry to stand out in the crowd!
There are five holidays to be won per week, with winners announced on the Breakfast Show from 21 January to 1 February.
- WEEK 1 – A 7 night family holiday to Florida for up to 4 people.
This prize includes:
– Return flights from London to Orlando
– Transfers between Orlando and Walt Disney World Resort
– Accommodation in a Disney Hotel
– 8 day Magic Your Way Park Hopper ticket
– $1,000 Disney Gift Card
- WEEK 2 – A 7 night holiday in Miami, Florida for up to 4 people.
This prize includes:
– Return flights from London to Miami
– Accommodation at one of three fabulous Hilton Hotels
– Entrance to four brilliant attractions: Sawgrass Recreation Park; Philip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science; Island Queen Cruises and Xtreme Action Park
– $500 Gift Card
How to enter
The competition format is the same as last year – upload a photo and then add stickers. Note that this year it’s not restricted to the Heart London presenters!
- First, take a photo of you and your family – or use an existing one
- Go to win.heart.co.uk, upload the photo and crop it to a square
- Customise your image with the Heart presenters’ faces, plus other fun stickers.
- Drag the corners of the faces and stickers to resize, or tap outside the sticker to rotate it.
- Submit your entry and share it with your friends using #FacesForFlorida
This year’s sticker choices are shown below.
All entries submitted between 9am on Friday 11 January to 9am Thursday 24 January will go into the draw for the family holiday to Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. There will be five winners announced on air from the 21 January to 25 January.
All entries submitted between 9.01am on Thursday 24 January to 9am Thursday 31 January will go into the draw for the family holiday from Hilton Hotels Miami Florida. There will be five winners announced on air from the 28 January to 1 February.
Winning entries will be selected by the Heart FM judges “based on the most creative, entertaining, relevant and feel good submissions”.
Here’s some thoughts on what you can do, and some winning examples from last year. Sketch out your ideas before you do the photo shoot, to make sure it will work and plan where the stickers will go. Try adding text to your photo in Photoshop or Canva before you upload it – but make sure it’s readable. Most of the 2018 winners involved puns and wordplay – can you come up with a phrase first, then come up with an idea for the visuals?
- Creative – Crafting something unique out of cardboard was how several of last year’s winners made an impresssion – with huge books, watches, aeroplanes, cars, doll boxes and even breakfast. Maybe you could bake something special – or create an unusual costume?
- Entertaining – take your photo in a public or funny situation, something that the presenters can ask you about if brought on air. Do you have a good embarrassing story to tell about the photo?
- Relevant – can you make your entry relevant to Florida, the prize (for example ‘Xtreme Action’) or to Heart FM? Personally, I would avoid anything referring to Disney – a lot of entrants create Disney themed entries, but Heart have rarely chosen them to win – after all, it’s a Visit Florida competition, not Visit Disney!
- Feel good – does the photo make you smile? Including cute children or pets should give your photo a feelgood factor. Remember that Heart’s tagline is ‘turn up the feel good!’ and including a heart is not only relevant, but cute!
Before you submit your entry, check the other entries – does yours stand out amongst them?
If you’re chosen as a winner, Heart are likely to call you the day before to find out a bit more – and to check you’ll be around to answer the on-air phone call during the next day’s breakfast show. If they tell you on the phone that you’ve been shortlisted, you’re almost there! Most ‘shortlisted’ entrants go on to win the prize… telling you that you’re on a shortlist is a way to ensure you’ll definitely answer their on-air phone call, but still be surprised and excited when you find out you’ve won!
Check out the rest of last year’s winning entries in my Facebook album… I’ll be adding this year’s winners to an album as they’re announced!
Enter the competition at https://win.heart.co.uk/visit-florida/uk/
T&Cs for the competition are here – read them thoroughly and good luck!