Fun summer competitions for the family
Here we go again – six weeks of full-time kids action! I’ve got a trip to Eurocamp and a weekend at the Green Man Festival lined up for our summer holidays, plus a few prize theme park and cinema tickets to use – and hopefully I’ll convince Ryland to do a little comping too!
Here’s my round up of creative kids (and family) competitions to keep you busy this summer…. if you spot any more, feel free to leave a link in the comments!
Win a family stay in London
Baker Ross want to see Playmobil characters created from crafting materials! The winner gets an overnight hotel stay in London and entry to Kidzania – 20 runners up get a Playmobil movie goodie bag. Find out more at www.bakerross.co.uk/playmobilcompetition – it closes on 2 September 2019.
Win a Cornwall holiday, £200 of Konfidence vouchers, a Mark Warner holiday & more…
8 year olds and under can enter their creative sand castles in the Konfidence Sand Art competition – the winner gets a trophy, but also an overnight family stay at the Polurrian on the Lizard hotel in Cornwall, a suitcase full of travel prizes from Trunki, a £200 Konfidence voucher, and a holiday voucher from Mark Warner – as well as BubbleBum, Snoozeshade, Cuddledry and Milton products. The 2nd place entrant gets a £100 Konfidence voucher, a Trunki and a Cuddledry washbag, and 3rd place gets a £50 voucher, a Trunki Paddlepak and a Cuddledry washbag. The competition ends on 30th September 2019 – weekly winners get a certificate and every entrant will receive a metal badge! Post your entry on the Konfidence Facebook page with #GoldenBucket19. For inspiration, you can see the 2018 entries here). Full details are at www.konfidence.co.uk/golden-bucket
Win your dream train made into a toy!
5-12 year olds can draw a picture of what their dream train journey would look like, upload it at www.virgintrains.co.uk/trainjotting, and they could be in with the chance to have it turned into a real-life toy – plus take 3 friends to a Rookies Academy Experience Day, where they will see what goes into running a real-life railway station and get hands-on with all sorts of different activities. Three runners-up will win a Rookies Experience Day. This one closes on 11 August 2019.
Win £100 worth of Maped Helix goodies
Maped Helix are looking for Back to School testers aged 6-11. To enter email email@example.com a video of up to 30 seconds demonstrating why your child would make the perfect Maped Helix Back To School Tester. Each entry must include child’s name, age and category (either 6-9, or 9-11 years old). Ten children will receive £10 of products to review and the winning entry will get £100 of stationery products. Closing date is 2 August 2019.
Win a short break at Alton Towers
Maped Helix are also giving away a trip to Alton Towers! Pop down to Poundland and snap a photo with the promotional Back To School stand in store, then share on the Maped Helix Facebook page – and one entrant (chosen at random) will win a stay at the Alton Towers Hotel for 4 people. This one closes on 30th September 2019. Find out more here. Why not buy a few props for your Back to School review while you’re there?
Win a Smiggle shopping spree for your class
Smiggle are giving away three shopping sprees for you – and your class! (a £20 voucher for every class member). Simply complete the form at www.smiggle.co.uk/shop/en/smiggleuk/backtoschool-competition-uk saying why you will choose kindness this school year – entries are judged. Closing date is 10 September 2019.
Win your story published in a Jacqueline Wilson book
Creative 7-12 year old storytellers can win a school visit from Jacqueline, a Microsoft Surface, £100’s worth of WH Smith Vouchers, a year’s subscription to First News, AND a book bundle for their school library. 500 runners up will also get their names published in the same Jacqueline Wilson novel! To enter, submit a fictional story between 750 and 1000 words at www.jacquelinewilson.co.uk/creativewriting before 2 September 2019.
Win a £250 creative crafty hamper
The Creation Station have set twelve creative challenges for the summer holidays – share photos tagged with #CreationStationSummer to enter. You get an entry into the draw for each challenge you complete – so twelve entries maximum. The winner of the £250 crafty hamper is announced on 1st September – find out more on their Facebook page.
More ways to keep the family entertained
- Check my advice on entering competitions in kids comics and magazines – and look out for the mags where you can only enter on the forms as entry numbers will be low.
- Hollywood Bowl have the chance to win a family trip to Hollywood, a treasure hunt in the bowling alley, plus lots of other prizes if you get a strike including the special Coca-Cola pins.
- Eat in Las Iguanas and ask the kids to draw/colour in on their kids menu before 2 September – 15 winners will win a Trunki plus a £40 voucher
- There’s always lots of fun prize draws on the WhipperSnapperKids website – as well as downloadable activity sheets.
- Don’t forget to take a Swizzels product on your adventures and enter their Snap Your Summer photo comp!
- Pop in to the Entertainer toy shop – they have a couple of Playmobil and Bakugan entry form prize draws to post in store before 4th September 2019.
- If you’re near the beach, why not do your own mini beach clean? Send a photo of you with your finds to Eco Kids Planet before 10th August and you could win one of 5 toy sets!
- Complete theToppsta reading challenge by 9 September and you could win a £50 Smiggle voucher!
- Look out for large standees in Cineworld – take a photo with the ICEE one and you could win a year’s supply of Icee drinks, or with the Playmobil movie one to win one of 50 Playmobil merchandise prizes!
- And talking of Playmobil, if you’ve had their catalogue in the post check inside for their annual colouring competition (closing date is 6th September) – there’s also a Playmobil colouring competition in selected Toymaster stores!
Have a fantastic summer!