Local Rewards – support your local High Street and win prizes!
This post has been sponsored by Local Rewards.
Local Rewards is a great new loyalty program that rewards people for spending at their local businesses, and helps independent businesses attract new customers.
I’m excited that SuperLucky has teamed up with Local Rewards to spread the word about the scheme and get lots of new shoppers on board as members. I’m also keen to get more brilliant indie retailers signed up, and will be advising them on the best ways to attract new customers through giveaways and prize draws!
I know the prospect of a loyalty program with prizes will be appealing to SuperLucky readers, so please do check out Local Rewards and let me know what you think.
Win £100 to spend at your favourite independent retailer!
Local Rewards have launched a series of great prize draws, giving you the chance to win £100 to spend at your favourite local independent business (the winning business will be awarded £100 credit to cover the lucky winner’s spending). Whether it’s your local salon, shoe shop, café or tattoo parlour, share your appreciation by tagging your favourite indie on Insta!
How to enter the £100 prize draws
- First, make sure you’re signed up to Local rewards (see How to Join instructions below) – you’ll be credited with 100 points when you sign up!
- Head to www.localrewards.chat and search for your local High Street – you’ll see the competition at the top of your guide. Click to enter, and 5 points will be deducted from your total.
- To validate your entry, you’ll be taken to Whatsapp or Messenger
- You can earn a bonus entry by following Local Rewards on Instagram, and then leave a comment, tagging your independent business on the @localrewardschat Instagram post!
The second of the £100 prize draws closes for entries on 20th July 2021 and the winner will be selected at random. Keep an eye on the Local Rewards Instagram story for details of future giveaways, and check your local High Street guide regularly for the latest posts!
How to join Local Rewards
Easily get started with Local Rewards via Messenger or Whatsapp – you’ll receive 100 points just for signing up.
- First, head to www.localrewards.chat and start typing in your local shopping area – then choose it from the drop down menu.
- Next, click to sign up under the Support your local High Street graphic – choose Sign up as shopper and pop in your email address and accept the T&Cs
- Tap either WhatsApp or Messenger to continue the sign up process as follows…
Sign up with WhatsApp
- WhatsApp will open, with the message SignUp ready to send to Local Rewards.
- You’ll need to confirm your email address and phone number
- Complete registration by following the link to the Local Rewards website, adding your date of birth and creating a password for your account
Sign up with Messenger
- Messenger will open with a message – Sign up to Local rewards. Tap this message to send it
- Tap to confirm your email address and phone number
- Finally, complete signup by following the link to the Local Rewards website, adding your date of birth and creating a password for your account
Add cards to your account
- To earn and spend rewards at your favourite businesses you’ll need to register a Visa, Mastercard or American Express card – you’ll be rewarded with 100 points for every card you add.
- Tap Add Card in Messenger, or tap the link in Whatsapp to add your card information.
How to use Local Rewards
Use the Local Rewards website at www.localrewards.chat to see what’s happening in your local area. When you choose your location, you’ll view a guide based on local Instagram content, and if you’re near a participating High Street you’ll be able to take advantage of special offers and giveaways just for Local Rewards members.
- For each photo on the guide, you can tap to visit Instagram, see the location of the business on a map or visit their website.
- Tap the filter icon to restrict results to either indie or national businesses
- To use a reward, tap Claim Reward and the points will be deducted from your total. You’ll receive a message in your Local Rewards chat which you should show at the business to redeem your offer
- Swipe across on the posts to view opening hours and more business information
- Access your local guide any time by sending or tapping DISCOVER in your Whatsapp or Messenger chat
Local rewards is relatively new, so it could be that your local High Street doesn’t yet have any businesses registered (if you’d like to help encourage them to join, see the ‘Local Champion’ information below!).
If you’d like to see an example of a High Street with rewards and prize draws, search for Cheltenham, Putney or Ashford.
As well as being a great way to discover new local retailers, services and restaurants, scrolling through the Local Rewards guide is actually a great way to find Instagram competitions and giveaways.
How to earn Local Rewards points
- Get 100 points for every card you add to your account
- Get 1 point for each £1 you spend using your registered card at a participating business. Participating businesses feature Visa, Mastercard or AMEX logos on the guide to show which cards they accept.
- Get 50 points for every friend you refer with your unique referral link (this only works in Messenger and not in Whatsapp). If a friend joins using your link, you both earn 50 bonus points!
- Earn 50 points by signing up using my referral link at https://bit.ly/LRmessenger – this will open Messenger so you can complete the sign up process!
Be patient, as sometimes it can take a few seconds for your points to be added to your balance.
Could you be a Local Champion?
Local Rewards are recruiting Local High Street Champions – individuals or businesses who can help to spread the word about Local Rewards. Champions will receive all of the information, tools, and help they need and also have access to a free Maybe* Enterprise Pro account worth over £2,000pa.
Interested? Visit www.localrewards.chat/wanted-high-street-champions to nominate yourself – you’ll also need to say why you love your High Street!
Follow @localrewardschat on Instagram to keep up with news of the latest Local Rewards competitions and offers.
If you have any questions at all about using Local Rewards, please let me know in the comments!
Disclaimer: This post has been sponsored by Local Rewards. I only partner with brands that I trust and that I think my readers will like – thank you for supporting the brands that support SuperLucky! You can follow Local Rewards on Instagram or Facebook.