How to join the Robinsons Big Fruit Hunt
Have you spotted the ‘Big Fruit Hunt’ labels on Robinsons Squash bottles in the supermarkets? This is a fun augmented reality (AR) promotion running throughout the summer, with thousands of prizes to be won until 2 September 2022.
Several SuperLucky readers have contacted me to ask how it works, so I thought it was time for an explanatory blog post! You’ll need a mobile device and a promotional bottle of squash to play. Make sure you keep hold of your bottle label and packaging in case it’s required to validate a win!
How to enter the Big Fruit Hunt promotion
- Buy a promo bottle of Robinsons squash – it must have the ‘Big Fruit Hunt’ label on!
- Peel off the label to reveal a unique 8 digit code printed on the reverse
- Scan the QR code on the pack – or go directly to www.thebigfruithunt.co.uk on your mobile
- Register your code, choose your store and you can play the augmented reality (AR) game
- Grant access to your mobile device’s camera, motion and orientation
- You’ll see a map with Robinson’s pins on it
- either walk to the nearby pins in your local area, and wait for them to pop up on your screen
- or choose the easy option – tap the ? icon in the bottom left corner of your screen (see below), and you have an option to bring the pin to you
- Move your phone (and body!) around to follow the virtual butterfly, it will lead you to the Robinson’s pin on screen, than tap it – it will turn into a giant fruit
- Collect four fruits to fill your virtual Robinson’s bottle and see if you’ve won a prize!
- If you win, you’ll have to confirm your name, email address and postal address.
- You can enter as many times as you like – but will need a new unique code each time
Big Fruit Hunt instant win prizes
- 30,000 Robinsons branded drinks bottles
- 10,000 outdoor toys:
- 3,000 kites
- 3,000 table tennis kits (bats, ball and a small net)
- 4,000 frisbees
- 50,000 free product coupons (valid for up to £2 towards Robinson’s squash, minis and ready-to-drink)
What’s the chance of winning a prize?
The main promotion is an instant win – but unusually, winning codes are pre-determined. This means the bottle you choose is either a winner or a loser, and the time at which you play the game has no effect on your chance of winning. The numbers we need to work out the chance of a win are that there are 18.8 million promo packs and 90,000 of these have pre-determined winning codes. Divide one by the other and your chance of a win with each entry is approximately 1-in-209, so not great. All prizes will not be given away – usually about 5% of advertised prizes are won in this type of promotion, because the vast majority of consumers don’t bother to enter the unique codes online!
The first 20,000 losing entrants may win a 50p off coupon. If you don’t win anything you’ll have the option to use the fun selfie filters to put your face onto an apple, or have butterflies around your head!
But don’t worry if those odds of an instant prize sound unappealing, read on for details of the Tesco specific promotion, which is a winning moments promotion (where your time of entry will affect your chance of a prize!). Plus two prize draws with ASDA and Sainsbury’s where all prizes are guaranteed to be won!
How to enter the Tesco promotion
Buy your bottle from Tesco between 1 June 2022 to 19 July 2022 and you get a bonus chance to win. The entry method is exactly the same as the main promotion, just be sure to choose TESCO from the drop-down list of retailers.
When you collect your four fruits, if you get a golden strawberry that means you’re the first person to play after one of the 300 winning moments – and you’ve won a prize from this list:
- 100 x family adventure experiences (for a family of four) – your choice of Forest Segway, Paintball, Zorbing, or Laser Tag
- 200 x £100 Go Ape vouchers
How to enter the Sainsburys promotion
The Sainsbury’s specific ‘Win a shed load of prizes!’ promotion runs from 29 June to 19 July 2022 and is a simple prize draw – although a product purchase at Sainsbury’s is required. Don’t forget to also play the main AR game as well as enter the Sainsbury’s prize draw!
After making your purchase after 29 June, head to www.thebigfruithunt.co.uk/sainsburys and enter your details. There will be 4 randomly chosen winners, and each will receive a shed plus garden games bundle:
- A 5′ x 3′ overlap dip treated windowless apex wooden shed, including wooden shed base kit and installation.
- KandyToys 8 Piece Boules Set carry case
- Giant tower wooden blocks
- Giant snakes and ladders
- Hoopla outdoor toy in carry bag
- Magnetic dart board set
- Croquet set
- Family mini tennis set, 3m net, rackets and balls
- Rounders set
- Golf practice set
- Selection of balls
- Wooden skittles
- Twister ultimate
- Bubble machine, with LED light, 2 speeds, remote control
- Family paddling pool – 2 m x 1.4 m.
How to enter the ASDA promotion
If you buy your promo bottle at Asda between 14 July and 20 August, you can enter the main AR game – but will also be eligible to enter the Asda-specific ‘Win family fun!’ prize draw with 169 prizes. Note that for the ASDA promotion, on entry you will need to confirm you have a child between 4 and 17 years old.
After 14 July 2022, enter the code from your bottle at www.thebigfruithunt.co.uk/asda. All entries go into a single prize draw with the following prizes:
- 4 x Center Parcs 4 night break for a family of 6
- 45 x Theme Park Tickets (family entry to Alton Towers, Chessington World of Adventures, Crealy Devon, Crealy Cornwall, Drayton Manor Theme Park, Flamingo Land, Legoland, Lightwater Valley, M & Ds Paultons Park, Pleasure Island, Oakwood or Thorpe Park)
- 120 x Trampolining Experiences for 4 people
The Big Fruit Hunt promotion is only open to GB residents age 18 and above. Entries are unlimited, and there’s a maximum of 5 prizes per household in the main promotion, and one prize per household for the Tesco, Sainsbury’s and ASDA specific promotions. Winners will be notified by email.
Check out all the small print at thebigfruithunt.co.uk/terms
Enjoyed this post? Check out all the other current on-pack promotions listed on the compers shopping list!