Visa Great British High Street promotion
Visa have again joined forces with Great British High Street to encourage people to shop at their local independent stores. The Spend & Win Competition runs until 28 May 2019, and gives both customers and businesses a chance to win pre-paid Visa cards up to the value of £1000!
How to enter
- Make a purchase of any amount in any UK store using a Visa credit or debit card (contactless is fine, as long as you have a printed receipt) – online purchases are not valid
- Check your receipt for the AUTH CODE – eg 012584
- Send the word VISA plus the code to 60002 (this is a standard rate text message)
- You’ll get an instant reply to let you know if you’re a winner (or not!)
If you’re a winner you’ll be asked to email a photo of your receipt clearly showing the code you entered with. Your purchase doesn’t need to be in an independent business – but it it was, then they will receive the same prize as you!
The promotion started on 2 April 2019, so you can enter with any receipts you have from this date until it closes on 28 May. You can enter a maximum of 10 times per day and each entry needs a new receipt – and can win a maximum of four prizes.
There are 285 prizes to be won, each one assigned to a random winning moment. The first code texted after that moment wins the prize. If there’s no entries between one winning moment and the next, the prize will ‘roll over’ – this means all prizes should be won. It works out at a winning moment every five hours throughout the promotion – you’re more likely to get lucky if you enter in the very early hours of the morning!
- 200 x £100 Visa Pre-paid Visa card
- 75 x £250 Visa Pre-paid Visa card
- 10 x £1000 Visa Pre-paid Visa card
Find full details of the promotion at visa.co.uk/greatbritishhighstreet and look out for the signs in your local independent shops!