Win a £100 supermarket voucher with Latest Deals
LatestDeals.co.uk is a money-saving community that was launched in 2016 by Tom Church, Deepak Tailor and Tom Kelsey. But lots of my readers don’t know it also has a large competitions section and a big comping community. And personally, I can’t survive without the excellent supermarket price comparison tool on the Latest Deals app, when I need to check the prices of items on my compers shopping list!
I’ve teamed up with Latest Deals to give away a £100 supermarket voucher to a SuperLucky reader in our exclusive giveaway – and I also asked Tom Church to tell SuperLucky readers a bit more about the website.
Latest Deals has grown to have a large comping community – tell us how it all started!
Here’s the true story we don’t often share but true compers will understand: Back in 2016 there was a popular deals site with a dedicated comping community. It was really good! But then they (the site owners) destroyed the comping part. The community was really upset and rightly so! A huge amount of effort goes into posting competitions. So we created an alternative on LatestDeals.co.uk to give the lost community a new home. Now, we have around 100 new competitions posted every day.
Di is too humble to say so herself, but she is a big part of the story too. Before we launched I called Di and she kindly gave her advice on what compers want. She had just launched her book, SuperLucky Secrets, and after reading that and watching her YouTube videos I knew there was no one better to learn from. She gave some really good insight into what compers are looking for.
How many active members do you have entering competitions?
About 100 competitions are found and posted by the community onto LatestDeals.co.uk/competitions every day. We only accept free-to-enter competitions (including postal entries), not paid-for competitions. And around 500,000 members enter at least one competition a month. But as you know, there are compers, and there are compers. We probably have between 200 – 500 dedicated compers who enter between 50-200 competitions a day!
Tell me a bit about the Supermarket Comparison tool
In March 2020 when the first UK Coronavirus lockdown came into effect the supermarkets sold out of everything. At the same time, prices went up and the only comparison tool available went bust. So the Latest Deals team stayed up all day and night for 72 hours creating a free supermarket price comparison app! It compares the online prices of Aldi, ASDA, Iceland, Morrisons, Ocado, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, and Waitrose. It’s completely free and is used by over 100,000 families to save money.
Do you have any tips for new compers visiting Latest Deals?
Ask for help! LatestDeals.co.uk is a community site. Think of it like a fun support group. We help each other and celebrate each other’s wins. There’s a Chat section and if you just head over there to pop in any question, no matter how silly, you’ll see there are lovely people happy to help. Comping is a lot more fun when you do it together.
What have been some challenges since you launched?
Making decisions about what competitions to accept on the website and what not to accept has been the biggest challenge. I’m very happy with some early-on decisions we made, such as no paid-for competitions. No raffles, no bingo, no gambling etc. That made life much easier. But 4-years on we’re still learning!
Win! A £100 supermarket voucher
How do you fancy winning a £100 supermarket voucher to spend on some of the products on my compers shopping list? Simply log in to the Gleam widget below using your email address or social media account, then complete at least one of the five optional tasks: visit the Latest Deals competition page, download the Latest Deals app, follow @superluckydi on Twitter, tweet about the competition and join the SuperLucky mailing list. The closing date is 29 January 2021, and the winner will be chosen at random. Good luck!
Sponsored content: Latest Deals provided the prize for this SuperLucky giveaway.
Terms & Conditions:
- One winner will receive a £100 voucher for their choice of ASDA, Tesco, Waitrose, Morrisons or Sainsbury’s
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees and relatives of SuperLucky and Latest Deals.
- Closing date for entries is 10.00pm GMT on 29.1.21.
- Entrants must log in to the Gleam widget, and then complete at least one of the tasks – each task will earn an entry into the prize draw, and if you subscribe to the SuperLucky newsletter you will earn 5 bonus entries.
- The winner will be chosen at random and contacted via email.
- The winner will be informed by email within 7 days of the closing date and will need to respond within 28 days or a new winner will be chosen.
- The winner’s name will be available on request and published on SuperLucky social media accounts unless the winner objects to this.
- The prize will be despatched within 28 days of the winner confirming their address.
- The promoter is SuperLucky, Brighton.
- By participating in this prize draw, entrants confirm they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions