How to enter the Oreo Xbox promotion
Have you spotted the special Xbox packs of Oreo cookies in the supermarkets? The latest promotion has great Xbox prizes to be won – or you might even win an amazing trip to California! To enter, scan the QR code on pack or go directly to the Stay Playful website – the promotion runs until the end of April 2023 and is open to UK and ROI residents, although there are opportunities to win in most other European countries too!
The website itself is a little confusing, plus the T&Cs are very, very long, so I’ve simplified details here.
What are the prizes?
Grand prize (awarded in a prize draw from all entries)
- a trip to California to the value of £5,000 (or € equivalent), plus £500 spending money – the winner can choose their preferred dates and accommodation.
Instant win prizes:
- 20 Xbox Series S Consoles
- 28 Xbox Stereo Headsets
- 10,000 Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 3-month subscriptions
Instant win Xbox in-game content prizes: (you will need the games to redeem these, and it’s stated that these are the minimum number of prizes available so there may be more winners)
- 150 x “Valiant Corsair” Sail Set for Sea of Thieves
- 150 x “Parade Ground” Armor Coating for Halo Infinite
- 150 x “2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster ‘Oreo Edition’ for Forza Horizon 5
How to win the California holiday or XBox prizes
- Buy a packet of Oreos – get them from Tesco for a bonus chance to win (see below). For this part of the promotion, it does NOT need to be a special XBox packet – and you don’t need to keep your receipt.
- Go to stay-playful.oreo.eu and scroll down past the ‘A Chance to Win Prizes’ heading, then tap on the California photo
- Enter your name and email address, select the supermarket where you bought your packet of Oreos, then enter the full barcode number from your packet of Oreos
- You’ll find out right away if you’ve won of the 10,048 instant prizes – but will also go into the main California prize draw. Instant winners will also receive an email.
Although the website lets you enter multiple times, T&Cs do say there’s a maximum of one instant win entry per day per household, and just one prize draw entry per household for the California prize draw. A household can only win one instant win prize, so if you win the 3 month game pass then don’t bother entering again, as you won’t be eligible to win an Xbox or headset. I assume these prizes are awarded on a winning moments basis, but this doesn’t appear to be covered in the T&Cs.
Note that for some people, the captcha isn’t appearing on iPhone so it’s impossible to submit the form. Try completing the form manually rather than using autofill and that should work!
Bonus Tesco prize draw – win a trip to Barcelona
If you buy Oreos at Tesco (and select Tesco as the option from the main entry form), you’ll also get entry into a bonus prize draw to win a 2-night Racing Car Adventure trip for two to Barcelona worth up to €6,400.
How to win free in-game content
There’s also an opportunity to win exclusive OREO Xbox in-game content for Forza Horizon 5, Halo Infinite or Sea of Thieves by using your device to scan cookies from your promotional packet of Oreos. You can win a a maximum of three of these in-game content prizes.
- Buy a promotional XBox packet of Oreos
- Go the Cookie Combination web page
- Allow access to your camera and scan 4 cookies to choose your sequence.
- Submit your entry – if the sequence matches the winning combination you can choose between the following In-Game-Content: “Valiant Corsair” Sail Set for Sea of Thieves, “Parade Ground” Armor Coating for Halo Infinite, “2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster ‘Oreo Edition’ for Forza Horizon 5. You’ll be shown how many you have correct.
- Winners will receive an email with a link to download the In-Game-Content selected
The winning cookie sequence changes randomly through the day, and there are six possible cookie options to try, although you may not get all of these in your pack (they are the Xbox logo, the A, B, X, and Y controller buttons, and the up directional arrow).
Late entry prize draw
Enter between 1 May and 30 November 2023 and you’ll go into a late entry prize draw to win one prize of £500 (or the Euro equivalent). You can only enter this late draw once.
ROI residents can enter without buying Oreos, at www.oreo.eu. Find the full T&Cs here, which also have detailed instructions on how to redeem the in-game content and also the 3 month passes.
Don’t forget to check the full Compers Shopping List for more current instant win and daily entry promotions you can try!
I’ve put the code in and it keeps freezing my Xbox
Bought a pack of Oreo Twists to enter and it will not accept the barcode at all.just keeps saying “oops there might be a mix up – try again and re enter.” Have sent a message to Oreos telling them of this problem, meanwhile I can’t enter! So frustrating.
I have a Xbox one
Thanks Di, I won a 3 month pass on this. My nephew is pleased with his gift! It was emailed to me quite quickly after getting the winning notification on screen. Received it within 5 days.
Hi – is anyone else getting this message when trying to enter – ‘Please confirm that you are not a robot.’ There aren’t any reCAPTCHA pictures coming up to click. Would be grateful for any help.
I’m unable to enter this on mobile because of this same problem – the captcha box doesn’t appear at all! Are you able to try on a computer or different device?
I have been trying computer and mobile. I finally got it to work this morning by typing my details in rather than using the auto-fill function. No idea if this is why it worked or just a coincidence but it is the only thing I did differently.