Our October prize unboxing
How was your Halloween? It seems like Summer was yesterday and already the Christmas displays are in the shops and people are talking about Advent comps!
We had some nice prizes in October – including another lovely techy prize to add to last month’s haul! We were away for Halloween though, so I didn’t get chance to create anything exciting for the spooky photo comps. I heard that the pumpkin and costume comps were invaded by a few cheats this year though – I find this so disappointing that some dishonest people think it’s acceptable to win a prize using a photo of someone else’s hard work.
Over the next few weeks I’ll be creating a blog post to give promoters guidance on T&Cs and will emphasise the importance of robust T&Cs for photo competitions in particular – to ensure that the entrant owns copyright of any photo they submit, and they have the permission of anyone in it. It’s super important that every promoter should get into the habit of doing a reverse image search on Google – and even contacting the winner privately to ask them to confirm that the photo belongs to them, before awarding the prize. As compers, we too should be politely reminding promoters to do an image search – ideally BEFORE the photos are judged! If a cheat is announced as a winner, the subsequent controversy is traumatic for the company, who may decide against running creative comps in future.
Anyway, enough of the cheat chat. Back to the October prize unboxing!
If you like watching our unboxing videos, please subscribe to my YouTube channel!
If you’d like to know more about the prizes featured, here’s the list…
Prizes featured in the October unboxing:
- Cadbury bag – won in a Tesco/Cadbury text entry comp (see current Tesco comps at http://bit.ly/TescoCompetitions)
- Mastercard Priceless Mascot Experience – read about it here (currently entry for Man Utd & Spurs matches on 27 & 28 Nov, ends 15.11)
- LG Ultra HD TV – instant win (purchase) at www.winningweekends.co.uk – comp ends 6.11
- Odeon tickets & Thorpe Park tickets – runner up in CokeDunks video competition
View this post on Instagram
- NY Bagel Co Tins – instant win (purchase) – details here – comp ends 26.11
- SoccerBorgs toys – Beano email entry competition
- Legal & General Umbrella – prize in a SnailSpace Brighton photo competition!
— Di Coke 🍀 (@SuperLuckyDi) October 19, 2018
Wishing you lots of luck for November – hope you can win a few Christmas prezzies for the family!