July wins (and a Polish mini-break!)
July has been a really fun month for me, starting with the BlackPink BST concert in Hyde Park (tickets courtesy of a Vodafone Twitter giveaway). It was a great day and I was also lucky enough to win one of the daily prizes that Most Wanted Wines were giving away at the event by sharing a fun Insta story – you have to love a win from a win!
The following weekend I flew off to Bydgoszcz in Poland with my friend Susannah. This was a prize I won back in early 2022 in a prize draw, a weekend at Krayna Vegan’s lake house. Krayna is an ethical skincare brand founded by Magdalena, who was the perfect host and met us at the airport on Friday morning, then took us for breakfast in Bydgoszcz. It’s a lovely place, with a river running through it and some great quirky buildings.
We enjoyed an ice cream near the opera house then Magda drove us North for around an hour to get to Wieçbork, where she has a beautiful house beside a lake. She gave us each a bag of Krayna products and then left us to enjoy our weekend! We had such a chilled time taking her pedalow out onto the lakes and visiting the fun beaches, and the weather was glorious. On Friday evening Magda gave us a dinner voucher for Palcio Runowo, a lovely wedding venue around half an hour’s walk from the lake house. On Saturday morning we did some paddleboarding out on the lake and then walked into town and enjoyed a pint of lager (with raspberry syrup!) overlooking the football ground. It was such a lovely relaxing break and I’ll definitely be visiting Poland again in future.
Krayna as a brand is growing globally at the moment, and Boots are now selling their products in the US, so hopefully they will be available in the UK shortly (I did promise Magda I’d organise a giveaway for her when they are, so stay tuned!)
This month I’ve been super busy with my voluntary role as Membership Secretary at a local grassroots football club – I have to get 350 players registered with the Football League before mid-August! So I’ve not had much spare time for comping and have only entered a handful of my essential instant win and daily comps each day.
As for the monthly goals listed in my BootComp planner, I didn’t manage a single one! I’ll move them all onto August…
- Enter 500 comps ❌
- Win 10 prizes ❌
- Win vouchers to spend on stuff for the home ❌
- Get on the radio for a comp ❌
- Win a prize off my wishlist ❌
Check out the unboxing video to find out more! (and scroll down for the spoilers…)
July prize list
- Krayna cleanser, serum & moisturiser (and the holiday to Poland from last year!) – Krayna Vegan web prize draw
- Meal for two at Poets Alehouse in Hove – Instagram prize draw
- 4 x Vegan Skincare products – @naturasiberica_uk Instagram prize draw
- Most Wanted wine and coolbag – competition at British SummerTime event
- Robinsons Water Bottle – Big Fruit Hunt instant win
- Paloma kit – Franklin & Sons National Tequila Day prize draw
- Wisdom bundle (won for my nominated friend Natalie) – Twitter prize draw
- Bioeffect skincare & Bodyism supplements – Instagram prize draw, won for me by Natalie!
- Personalised Maltesers – Co-op text to win
- Cat Water Fountain – Whiskas scratchcard instant win (ends 30.9.23)
I’m super pleased with all these prizes, especially all the beautiful skincare products!
Was July lucky for you? Let me know in the comments!
If you enjoy reading about people’s comping success, then please join us in the Lucky Learners Facebook group where group members share their wonderful weekly and monthly wins – you can also watch a playlist of prize unboxing videos on YouTube!
Don’t forget to check out my latest updates to these posts:
- Compers Shopping List
- List of current text entry competitions
- ITV postcard entry prize draws
- Channel 5 postcard entry prize draws
Good luck for August!