It’s Easter soon, and that means there should soon be plenty of egg-citing competitions to keep you entertained! Here I’m sharing a few of the Easter themed effort-based competitions I’ve spotted already – keep checking back for new additions!
Look out for egg decorating, Easter bonnet and Easter crafts competitions advertised locally!
- Harper Collins want to see a photo of your book-themed decorated egg! Share on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #BookEggs (do not include any people in the photo!). One winner will receive a family ticket to Legoland plus a book bundle for their school. The winner will also be reimbursed for travel costs to Legoland up to a value of £200. It’s open to all ages and is one entry per person – the winner is chosen at random. A similar competition ran last year with a different prize – the new Legoland comp was tweeted on 5 April 2022 but the T&Cs are dated 2021, so I think they need updating – I’ve DMed Harper Collins to ask! It should close on 19 April 2022.
- Lakeland are running an Easter bakes competition, with a prize of a £250 Lakeland gift card! The winner is chosen at random. Closing date is 9 May 2022. Upload your photos at blog.lakeland.co.uk/easter-bakes/
Local businesses tend to enjoy this type of Easter comp – estimate the number of chocolate eggs in a jar to win a prize! Check out the great tips at Instructables.com for some ideas on working it out – or simply buy enough eggs to recreate the jar at home – yum!
Creative Easter comps range from Easter bonnet designs and egg decorating, to baking and colouring competitions. If your child does create something wonderful for a competition remember to take lots of different photographs so you have plenty to enter in different competitions. Some T&Cs state you can’t submit a photo that has been entered elsewhere!
- Oilfast have n Easter Egg design competition to win entry for a family of 4 to Warner Brothers Studios in London to visit Harry Potter World. Find out more at www.oilfast.co.uk/the-easter-egg-stravaganza – it closes on 21 April 2022.
- Poundstretcher have a fun downloadable Easter activity sheet. Download and print the PDF, then upload a photo of your kids coloured in artwork, or a photo of them playing the egg hunt game to this Facebook post. You could win one of two £100 Poundstretcher vouchers. Find out more on their blog. Closing date is 17 April 2022.
- Younger children can design an egg on the TinyPop website for the chance to win one of two character toy prize bundles. Closing date is 24 April 2022.
- The Entertainer have a Design an Easter Egg competition in store, with a prize of a £200 toy bundle. The first 50 entries at each store on Saturday 16th April will receive a free Hatchimal. Last date to hand in your completed artwork is 27 April 2022.
Purchase-necessary Easter competitions
If you’re looking to buy a chocolate treat, these are the comps for you! Your purchase will also get you entry into a prize draw. Here’s my pick of the best Easter purchase promotions, taken from my Compers Shopping List:
- Buy a Lindt Gold Bunny at the Co-op and text LINDT COOP along with your name and postcode to 60777 for a chance to win one of 40 BuyAGift experiences – ends 16 April 2022.
- Buy a Lindt Gold Bunny at ASDA and then text LINDT ASDA along with your name and postcode to 60777 for a chance to win one of 50 afternoon tea hampers – ends 16 April 2022.
- Buy a Lindt Gold Bunny at Lindt.co.uk or a Lindt Retail store then text LINDT SHOP along with your name and postcode to 60777 for a chance to win a £2,000 Center Parcs voucher – ends 16 April 2022.
- Buy a Lindt Gold Bunny at Sainsburys and use your Nectar card in the same transaction for a chance to win one of 15 picnic hampers worth £150 – ends 16 April 2022.
- Buy a Mini Eggs product at the Co-op then text MINI plus the last 4 digits of the barcode plus your name and postcode to 85077 for the chance to win a Mini – ends 17 April 2022
- Buy a Cadbury’s Creme Egg at participating retail stores for the chance to instantly win one of 146 cash prizes if you find a Half Milk & Half White Creme Egg – this is a Willy Wonka style promotion with a winning ticket under the wrapper, and claims must be made by 17 June 2022.
- Buy a pack of Cadbury Mini Eggs at Nisa then text MINI with the last 4 digits of the barcode found on pack plus your name and postcode to 87222 for the chance to win a trip to Cadbury World. Ends 17 April 2022.
- Buy a Creme Egg at the Co-op then text CASH with the last 4 digits of the barcode found on pack and your name and postcode to 83222 for the chance to win cash prizes every week.
- Buy a selected Cadbury Easter product from Waitrose and upload your receipt number to the online form for the chance to win a family staycation to the Lake District (qualifying products are Cadbury Dairy Milk Hot Cross Bun Chocolate Bar, Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate Bunny Orange Mousse, Cadbury Hollow Bunny 100g, Cadbury Egg Hunt Pack 176g and Cadbury Dairy Milk Peter Rabbit tin 301g) – ends 19 April 2022 and you can enter 3 times a week.
Local Easter competitions
Local schools, community organisations and shops run egg decorating, count the eggs and Easter bonnet competitions. Check the social media accounts of your local venues and stores, or try a Twitter or Google search using combinations of keywords like Easter, Competition, Win, prize, egg hunt plus your local town or area name to see what you can find!
Online Easter Egg & Bunny Hunts
You’ll also see lots of time-consuming online Easter egg hunts – if you don’t have time to hunt, you might find some kind soul has shared the answer on a competition forum like MSE, or even in my Facebook group Lucky Learners!
- OneStop have a fun Easter Egg Hunt with lots of prizes, including a £1,000 Spring room makeover and 2,500 Mini Egg bars! Start at www.onestop.co.uk/easter – you’ll get a pop up clue. Answer it by going to the relevant page (the first one is the MEAL INSPIRATION – RECIPES page) then do the same for all 7 clues. Eventually you’ll get an entry form pop up to leave your details – if you can’t see the red submit button at the bottom of the form, zoom out in your browser window! It’s GB residents only and T&Cs are here.
Real life Egg Hunts
- Get down to a RedRow Housing Development over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend, find their hidden egg and upload a photo of it to social media using #TheBigRedEggHunt and hashtagging the development name – one winner gets a £250 Hotel Chocolat voucher. Get your entries in by 18 April 2022. Find T&Cs here.
Have a great Easter!